After a 10-year break, the Bulgarian Hotel and Restaurant Association - the largest branch organization in tourism, with over 30 structures in the country, resumed the competition "Best Chef of the Year of BHRA". It was held at Grand Hotel Varna, St. St. Konstantin and Elena Resort on September 26 and 27, 2018, within the framework of the Tourism and Culinary Forum. The forum theme was "Innovative Balkan cuisine - innovation and style".
The competition gathered 38 chefs from all over the country into 4 categories: BHRA's best chef for 2018, BHRA's best confectioner for 2018, BHRA's best young chef for 2018, the best a young confectioner at the BHRA for 2018
The event was organized with the support of Varna Municipality, Ministry of Tourism, Vera 94 EOOD, METRO, Gorna Banya, New Bloom Winery, KNAUF, HAPPY, ECOLOGY, ENERGO PRO Energetic Services EOOD, etc. The participants were judged by a 22-member jury of famous chefs from around the country. Presidents of the jury for chefs were Chef Toni Ivanov and Chef Ivaylo Dimitrov, and for the confectioners - Chef Radi Stambolov. The competition was organized with the support of Chiefs Ivaylo Ivanov and Emilian Vassilev. The regulation was prepared by the organizers - BHRA.
Candidates for prestigious culinary titles competed within two days in specially designated jobs in front of the jury and audience, and the competition was broadcast online. The winners were announced on the World Tourism Day on 27 September at a ceremony opened by the mayor of Varna Municipality, Mr. Ivan Portnih.
• In the category "Best Chef" first place Nikolay Lapunov - Chef in restaurant Note De Wine, Plovdiv
• In the category "Best Pastry Shop" - Yordan Petrov - Hotel "International", Sunny Beach Golden Sands
• In the category "Best Young Chef" - Krasimir Banaliev – PST “Prof. Dr. Assen Zlatarov”, Varna
• In the category "Best young confectioner" - Neseh Nezhdet - PST "Peyo Yavorov", Dobrich
WINNERS BY CATEGORIES
Category "Best Chef of BHRA for 2018
1. Nikolay Lapunov - Chef in the restaurant "Noe De Wine", Plovdiv
2. Alexander Valentinov - restaurant "Leventa", town Rousse
3. Stanislav Petkov - hotel "Astor Garden", к.к. St. St konstantin and Elena"
Category Best Confectioner for 2018
1. Yordan Petrov - hotel "International", к.к. Golden Sands
2. Svilen Stoilov - hotel balneo and spa Azalia, resort St. St. Konstantin and Elena "
3. Elina Takeva - "Paradise Blu" Restaurant, Sunny Beach Albena
Category "Best Young Chef of BHRA for 2018
1. Krassimir Banaliev - Prof. Dr. Assen Zlatarov - Varna
2. Vasilena Dimitrova - Svishtov Professional High School "Aleko Konstantinov", town of Svishtov
3. Teodora Pragova - Agriculture and Forestry Association "Aleko Konstantinov", Velingrad
Category "BHRA's best young confectioner for 2018
1. It is not Nezhdet - "Peyo Yavorov" Tourism Tourism - Dobrich
2. Nikoleta Nencheva - "Peyo Yavorov" Tourism Association - Dobrich
3. Kamelia Petrova - Sofia University "Georgi St. Rakovski "- town of Kotel
The prize pool for the event was provided by:
1. Vera 94 Ltd and RATIONAL
- visit to Rational - Germany and the provision of high quality professional knives Rational / for the winners of the award "Best Chef of BHRA for 2018" and "BHRA's best confectioner for 2018" / - for two
- providing Rational high quality professional knives and introducing the new technologies that Vera 94 LTD offers to the market for the winners of the award "Best Young Chef of BHRA for 2018" and "BHRA's Best Young Confectioner for 2018" / - 2 pcs.
4. "Albena" AD
- 2 weekends for two in the 4-star hotel of the hotel in the resort. Albena
- 12 bottles of wine for the participants - own production of Albena AD
5. "Zaara" Winery - Stara Zagora
- Weekend for two
- 4 pcs. boxes of wine
6. Spa Hotel Arte - Velingrad - Weekend for two
7. SPA Hotel Rich - Velingrad - Weekend for two
8. Spa Hotel Ezerets - Blagoevgrad - Weekend for two
9. "Olymp Park Hotel - Velingrad - Weekend for Two
10. Spa Hotel Medite - Sandanski - Weekend for two
11. Hotel Molerite - Bansko - Weekend for two
12. Hotel Astor Garden - resort St. St. Konstantin and Helena - Weekend for two
13. SPA Hotel Azalia - Sunny Beach St. St. Konstantin and Helena - Weekend for two
14. Hotel RIU Astoria - kk. Golden Sands - Weekend for two
14. CEIB - Plaque for "Best Chef of BHRA for 2018"
15. Varna Restaurant and Hotel Association
- Voucher for 100 BGN from Private Professional College "Bogoya" - Varna
- Dinner for two at the Panorama Restaurant at the Black Sea Hotel
16. Yanakiev Style EOOD - town of Targovishte - Weekend for two
17. LIBRY GROUP LTD - Voucher for 250 BGN for equipment and services
The teachers of all awarded in the categories "Best Young Chef of the BHRA for 2018" and "Best Young Confectioner at BHRA for 2018" received a Weekend Award for two in different hotels.
On behalf of the organizers were given certificates for contribution in the development of the culinary art in Bulgaria of:
1. Chief Tony Ivanov
2. Chief Ivan Zvezdev
3. Chief Stoyan Kirin
4. Chief Simeon Simeonov
5. Chief Rossen Chakarov
6. Chief Plamen Stamov
7. Chief Marian Kostov
8. Chief Dimitar Dimitrov
9. Chief Ivan Ivanov
10. Chief Todor Stoychev
11. Chief Radoslav Maschkov
12. Chief Ivailo Dimitrov
13. Chief Milutin Ivkovic
14. Chief Ilian Yordanov
15. Chief Dian Popov
16. Chief Hristo Tenev
17. Chief Tsvetomir Krastev
18. Chief Ivan Pelev
19. Chief Radi Stambolov
20. Chief Petko Kostadinov
21. Chief Georgi Sekulidis
22. Chief Ivailo Ivanov
23. Chief Zhivko Dimitrov
24. Chief Emilian Vassilev
Certificates from BHRA received all participants in the competition.
The actor and TV star Uti Bachvarov was the host of the program.
Honors for good partnership with BHRA were given to:
2. GORNA BANYA LTD
3. PURED BRAND EOOD
4. VERA 94 EOOD
5. ESTREIA LTD
6. GRAND HOTEL VARNA
7. MUNICIPALITY OF VARNA
8. MINISTRY OF TOURISM
11. LIBRA GROUP LTD
12. STELLA HOUSE TEXTILE LTD
13. ENERGO PRO ENERGY SERVICES EOOD
15. FIL LTD
Parallel to the competition were various presentations of equipment of restaurants, wine expos with free tasting of wineries and imported wines.
An exhibition of retrospective photos from previous editions of the competition was exhibited at the event.
On September 27th in the Odessos Hall of the Grand Hotel Varna there was an accompanying program:
- Joyce B. Matman, Regional Sales Manager GRANULDISK, Sweden: "Revolutionizing Pot Washing" / "Revolution in Washing Cookware" /
- Tino Bergholz, Sales Director - Business Eastern Europe and the Baltic: Today's Latest Cooking Technology /
- Workshop organized by BHRA, MUSIC and PROPHON on "Changes in the Law on Copyright and Related Rights delegating new functions to the municipalities";
- Round table, organized by VARNA MUNICIPALITY, on "Varna - Destination of Four Seasons". Representatives from all spheres of the tourism industry were invited to the meeting.
Всички снимки от събитието можете да откриете на официалната Фейсбук страница на БХРА: